Saturday, June 14, 2008

Debate is such a dirty word

I have been lucky enough to entertain a few Christian readers who have left lengthy comments in response to my posts about atheism. I want, first of all, to say that I appreciate the comments and the time that they take to read and respond to my blog. I also want to say that, despite the title of this post and the tag I have just created, I dislike to call these debates. To me, a debate is something contentious, something that can be won or lost. And at the moment neither of my responders (both friends from before high school, by the way) has been particularly antagonistic.

I prefer to call these discussions. Discussions are more generous and friendly, although a tag label discussion does not make much sense. So without further ado, I present the tag Debate. Please follow along if you care to, and be sure to read the comments.

Thank you for your interest.

No comments: