Monday, September 8, 2008

He's a maverick, Dottie

I don't know why I bought into the whole 'John McCain = Maverick' storyline. Just because he hasn't been entirely supportive of Bush's policies all of the time, he got a pass as a man of morals and standards. I guess it's probably true that, in this age of YouTube and 24-hour news channels it is awfully hard to remain 100% consistent throughout the years. And I am also willing to allow people the ability to change their minds on policy issues over time. I mean, if you took me just 10 years ago, I would have believed in god and, most likely, Republicans. So minds can clearly change and it is unproductive and unreasonable to expect 100% consistency over the span of a lifetime, or even a decade. Nevertheless, the path that people take can be telling.

Here is John McCain's story, as only the Daily Show can tell it.

No comments: