Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Church donations

I understand that times are tight. I understand that people can't do everything that they want to do with the money that they have. But I just do not understand the mentality of some people who think that any church-oriented group qualifies for discounts and donations!

I work in AV at a hotel. One of our groups this morning is a tax management seminar that specifically addresses churches. They need something set up. I mention that there is a fee. He asks if I want to 'donate it to the ministry?'

Ha!

Why does he assume that I would be happy to donate goods or services to the cause of keeping churches from paying taxes? This is something to which I am fairly opposed, although he really has little reason to assume that. Obviously my answer was 'no,' and for those of you who care, I didn't even laugh in his face.

No comments: