Thursday, March 5, 2009

Organic and Local is So 2008 (From Mother Jones)

Eating is so complicated! I want to do the right thing. I really do. I want to eat organic and local, I don't want to support companies that utilize unfair labor, I don't want my dairy products to come from animals that are inhumanely treated... and yet, things are so much more complicated than the obvious solutions make them appear.

In an eye-opening article for Mother Jones, Paul Roberts explores the problems that are inherent in our current state of food production. I just wish he provided some practical answers - I feel so overwhelmed with information and considerations from all sides that I'm tempted to stop trying altogether. Save me, Whole Foods!

1 comment:

Heather McIntosh said...

I know what you mean! We all know there is a problem, we need solutions!!