Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adam Savage's Twitter Rampage!

Adam Savage's Twitter comments this morning (6/14/09) were a hilarious joy to read. I didn't bother tracking down the comments of his followers, but I don't believe that they are necessary. Observe (in chronological order):

Grrr. http://tinyurl.com/mopd4q Creation museum makes me mad. If you think the world is only 6000 years old, please stop following me.

It's not you I "disagree" with @relrobber, (smacks forhead)

Well, @teni_ttzn I chose my words carefully.

To those unfollowing me: you're all misusing the word "Prejudice". Oh, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. See ya.

Thanks to all the people who said they "want to follow me twice". To breakfast!

@EmilyJillette I agree. completely unpossible

... I don't know if this will continue much longer. It's 2pm EDT here. I find it hilarious that Adam Savage has creationist followers. I actually find it even more hilarious that creationists (specifically Young Earth Creationists, because that's what's going on here) are even on Twitter in the first place.

By the way, I recognize that it can be a dangerous mistake to associate atheism too closely with science, especially the science of evolution. Science is not a property of atheism, nor is reason. Of course, I think that science and reason are poor matches with religion, but many millions of religious people manage to compartmentalize everything and keep science and religion separate. So I am making no comment about atheism here.

No comments: