Monday, June 29, 2009

Back from vacation, still nothing to say

That isn't really true, but I do have a pile of items I need to address in my inbox, so I'll have to put off actual blogging for a little while longer. But I'm inspired by this little video. The subject of vocal atheism has always pestered me, and I know I am not alone. Why talk about atheism? Even my modest little blog is prone to this question. Am I angry with religion? Is this all just a complicated cry for help? And even if none of the above are true (they aren't, I promise - they're just common objections raised) then why bother talking about something I don't believe in?

I don't really have an answer that satisfies me. In some cases I am using the blog to work through my issues, finding elements of my life that were formed and twisted by religion and sorting them out. Some of my entries address aspects of religion that are dangerous and damaging. And then some of my entries exist simply because I enjoy the subject. I've always loved philosophy and the discussion of it, and this just an element of that.

I did not create this video, nor did I have any hand in making it, but it's a good video and am happy to share it with you.

No comments: