Thursday, July 9, 2009

NPR on Francis Collins

This will be short. I just want to give my kudos to NPR (because they read my blog - obviously!) for a piece this morning on Dr. Francis Collins, who has been tapped to head the National Institutes of Health. The article was informative, but they mentioned that he brings some controversy with him from the scientific world because of his Evangelical Christian faith.

John Hamilton: "...I think if there is anything that makes scientists uncomfortable it's the fact that he's been very public in talking about [his faith]. He wrote a book about it and he speaks frequently about his faith and... there's some scientists who don't understand how he can reconcile those two parts of his thinking."

Steve Inskeep: "But he does?"

Hamilton: "But he says he does."

Listen to the full story here.

I really don't want to misrepresent anyone here. I don't think that NPR had any kind of agenda when they went into the story. But I appreciate the notion that science and religion are incompatible. Because, of course, they are.

No comments: