Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long Con

Good news, everyone! In one short week, Bronwen and I will be on our silly ways down to Atlanta to participate in the nerdiest thing we have ever done - maybe even the nerdiest thing we could possibly ever do: we're going to Dragon*Con. Getting prepared is, of course, a big project in itself. We're working on some last-minute costuming and just practical things, like hotel reservations and arrangements for Lux and Ira.

We're very excited - as I said, this is the first time we've ever done anything like this and, as an employee in the convention business, I'm thrilled to be on the other side of the service wall. For once I'll be able to relax and enjoy the exhibits and lectures.

Among the many things that I am looking forward to is the skeptic fan track (Skeptrack) with a very impressive lineup of speakers, including James Randi, DJ Grothe, Desiree Schell and, of course, Adam Savage. It'll be a great time. I'm hoping to do some networking with bloggers and skeptics. If any of my limited readership is planning to attend any part of Dragon*Con (I really have no idea about that star in the middle of the name. It kind of annoys me, but it seems to be official) please feel free to contact me. Maybe we can try to find a place to eat a vegetarian lunch! 

Both Bronwen and I will be taking tons of pictures - I hope to do some random uploading to our photo blog at NXNC. Please check in and see how much fun we're having.

1 comment:

God Obscures Perception said...

Just when you think you're a beautiful, unique snowflake... I'm a fellow liberal vegetarian atheist who ALSO has a blog. But I'm relieved that I did not end up with the same tagline as you. Love your posts- keep it up!